Enjoy the break
Kia ora koutou! Our team is signing off for 2018, but will be checking in remotely and back on deck from the 7th of January.
I wanted to say a sincere thanks to everyone who’s been part of our 2018 programme. Together, we’ve done amazing things to support students to get ready and get hired into amazing internships. Check out our SoT2018 report here and SoBiz2018 over here.
2019 Team Update
Balloons at the Stadium celebrating the Class of 2018!
2019 key dates
Are being confirmed at the moment… we’ll be posting them on our website in the new year. The general flow will be the same as previous years:
mid February – summer 2018/19 internships finish up
(we’re planning a full SoT bootcamp programme in Auckland & Wellington, SoBiz in Wellington, and regional events in Hamilton, Tauranga, Palmerston North, Nelson, Christchurch & Dunedin in 2019)
mid September – summer intern recruitment season! Meet & Greet and Speed Interview events in Auckland & Wellington (other regions TBC depending on employer locations!)
early October – summer intern offers open
mid November – summer internships start
Thank you to everyone who helped make our 2018 programmes possible!
Some final THANK YOUS as the credits roll on 2018….
– to the core team: Catherine, Thomas, Paige, Ella, Hannah YOU ROCK!! To the often invisible but EXTREMELY essential tech team of Roger & Tiger (and special mention to Christie who whipped up a mobile app for us this year!!)
Some of our core 2018 team celebrating 200+ intern placements in 6 hours!
– to our incredible volunteers
… from Trustees through to bootcamp presenters, advisory board members through to event wranglers, everyone who’s helped us with a CV clinic, name tag distribution, strategic advice, introductions & connections and MORE. Special shout out to the Summer of Biz
team (including volunteers
and advisory board
) – congratulations to you on a successful 2nd year!
– to the mentors, the hiring managers, the budget holders, the generous leaders who give the green light for internships… you’re amazing. You’re making a huge investment in our future talent, and we hugely appreciate it
WLG Create Camp Mentors
– to the 4,000+ students who registered & participated in our programmes this year, and the 2,000+ who were active, engaged, hopeful candidates! Thank you for the time & energy you put in, we hope you gained some insight into the NZ industry, some connections, some information, some skills, and some experience with job-hunting. If you weren’t successful this year, we hope we can help you connect to a job in 2019.
– to the 246 (as of today) 2018 interns: CONGRATULATIONS on your internship. We are thrilled to have been able to connect you to a paid internship, we hope you’re embracing the opportunity to learn, to deliver awesome work, to explore this potential career path.
This year we celebrated our 1,000th intern (since 2006!)
– to the sponsors & partners
who have done so much above & beyond to support us this year and for many previous years – we salute you!
Thanks to all our 2018 sponsors & partners!