Summer of Tech (SoT) Employers
Completing the SoT Employer Registration process is an acknowledgement that you have read and agree to abide by the following terms & conditions:
- I understand I will have access to the full functionality of the SoT website, including viewing of candidate profiles and participation in the SoT recruitment process when I have completed the registration process, my organisation has paid the Registration fee, and has posted a job on the website.
Note that “SoT Employer” includes all employers registering to hire intern(s) as part of the Summer of Tech Internship Programme, and students/graduates as part of the Summer of Tech Jobs Programme. This includes legal entities other than registered companies, such as government departments, charitable trusts, state owned enterprises, partnerships and individuals that register as potential employers on the Summer of Tech programme.
- I agree to SoT Rules of Engagement: the SoT programme will connects me to student candidates for paid jobs. Through the online profiles and SoT events, I will meet students and assess their suitability for entry-level jobs.
- For Summer of Tech Internships, I will NOT make any official offer of employment before official offer date, which is 3 October, 2018. All offers will be made via the SoT website.
- For Summer of Tech Jobs, I can make an offer at any time. All offers will be made via the SoT website.
- I agree to abide by the Code of Conduct for all SoT events & activities
- For each student or graduate hired, my organisation will provide a dedicated Tech mentor, a go-to person for issues and questions that arise during the internship.
- The mentor will work closely with the student/graduate for the duration of the role. Generally, there is more supervision required during the first 2-4 weeks, e.g. approximately 10-15 hours per week for the first fortnight, reducing to approximately 5 hours per week for the following 8 weeks. This may vary depending on circumstances.
- For each internship job filled via SoT, my organisation will pay the SoT Placement fee.
- I agree to be a Responsible Employer, complying with NZ employment legislation, and in line with NZRise’s guidance on internships.
- There will be an employment agreement in place for all SoT roles. The usual employment agreement for a SoT Intern is a fixed-term agreement which includes an hourly wage of at least $20.55, for approximately 400 hours. Our recommended minimum for part time & fixed term Jobs is also $20.55, but for graduate roles we recommend you research NZ industry standards, and pay a fair wage. The latest AbsoluteIT Tech Remuneration Report is here.
- I understand the SoT online Offer process is deemed to be a binding employment offer, and it will be followed up with a formal contract within 1 week of acceptance.
- I acknowledge that Summer of Tech may video or photograph participants at events, and that my attendance may be documented and shared via online media channels (including the SoT website, twitter and facebook pages, and Youtube). As such, I hereby agree to relinquish any reasonable expectation of privacy and understand that the use of my image does not violate any right of privacy, law, regulation or agreement. Moreover, I hereby grant permission to Summer of Tech to use, or authorise others to use, any photograph, motion picture, image, recording, or any other record of your participation in activities during the Summer of Tech programme.
If you have any questions or require clarification on any of the above Terms & Conditions, please contact the SoT Team.
If you have any questions or require clarification on any of the above terms and conditions, please contact us below.