Summer of Tech (SoT) Students
Completing the SoT Student Registration process is an acknowledgement that you have read and agree to abide by the following:
- I am eligible as a student candidate for SoT Internships, because I have a student ID for 2018, from a NZ tertiary institution.
- I am eligible as a student candidate for SoT Jobs, because I have a current student ID from a NZ tertiary institution OR I graduated from a NZ tertiary institution less than 12 months ago.
- I am legally able to work in NZ this summer.
- I agree to abide by the SoT Code of Conduct for events.
- As much as possible, I will participate in the SoT bootcamp programme to get upskilled on professional and technical topics.
- I will complete my profile including uploading accurate information to the SoT website, including my CV/portfolio, skills matrix, academic results (screenshot is ok), and cover letter.
- I understand that Summer of Tech and their parent charitable trust (New Zealand Technology Training Trust) respects the privacy of my personal information. I understand that Employers in the programmes I have opted into will be able to see the information on my profile (except for the statistical demographic information about gender & ethnicity, that is just for SoT anonymous reporting purposes).
- I declare that all the information in my CV and portfolio is my own Intellectual Property, and that it is true, accurate, and not commercially sensitive.
- I will participate in the recruitment process, by expressing an interest in projects on the SoT website, and attending the Meet and Greet session(s). I will make myself available and attend Speed Interviews if I am selected.
- If I receive an offer, I understand that the terms of employment are to be negotiated between me and my employer, and that SoT team are available to support the process.
- I understand and agree that having a completed profile on the SoT website means I am available for SoT roles. If my availability changes, I will immediately withdraw from all SoT programmes.
- I understand that it is HIGHLY unprofessional to withdraw from the SoT Internship programme between Meet & Greet and Offers Day, because employers will be investing huge resources, time & energy in the shortlisting & interview process. If I am shortlisted after Meet & Greet, I will do everything in my power to remain available between then and Offers Day.
- Throughout my participation in Summer of Tech, I will be a professional employee and ambassador for the SoT programme.
- I acknowledge that Summer of Tech may video or photograph participants at events, and that my attendance may be documented and shared via online media channels (including the SoT website, twitter and facebook pages, and Youtube). As such, I hereby agree to relinquish any reasonable expectation of privacy and understand that the use of my image does not violate any right of privacy, law, regulation or agreement. Moreover, I hereby grant permission to Summer of Tech to use, or authorise others to use, any photograph, motion picture, image, recording, or any other record of my participation in activities during the Summer of Tech programme.
If I have any questions or require clarification on any of the above Terms & Conditions, I will contact the SoT Team.
If you have any questions or require clarification on any of the above terms and conditions, please contact us below.